The Douglas Stewart Company and our vendor partners know that this is an extremely challenging and uncertain time for everyone. We are committed to providing the help and support that our reseller partners and their schools need.
We compiled a comprehensive list of our vendor partners who have created specific support and free resources for online learning in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, and will continue to update this list as our partners update us.
The Virtual Classroom
- Adobe is offering a Free trial of Connect, their online meeting platform, to help educators as they navigate online learning with their students. They have also offered an extended use of Creative Cloud so that students can access projects they started in the lab at home.
- Go Guardian is offering an extended free trail of their classroom management software to help with the transition to online learning. This software will help keep students on track and safe, even when school isn’t in session.
- AVID headphones help students and teachers stay connected. Designed with comfort and durability in mind, these headphones make it possible for students to focus on their lessons.
- iRobot has released free STEM lessons and activities for students to work on while at home. These activities cover a variety of topics and can be done without access to Root robot or the internet.
- Tech Will Save Us has created a Learn at home ebook that will help students stay engaged while learning from home
- RobotLAB released free coding content with Amazon Future Engineer.Amazon Future Engineer is offering free online Virtual Robotics and Coding courses for any student or teacher affected by school closures due to COVID-19 in the US.Students and teachers at primary schools, middle schools and high schools are invited to program their own virtual robots through CoderZ platform.
- MakeBlock has announced new lessons and curriculum to help teachers and parents keep students engaged with STEAM learning while at home. Learn more here.
- Veative has announced new Interactive learning modules (STEM & Virtual Tours) for grades three through higher education. These modules can be accessed on any computer with access to the internet. Teachers can see how students are doing in real time, while administrators and parents can be confident that student data stays safe, as Veative is iKeepSafe certified for FERPA, COPPA & CSPC. A Free trial is available now!
Professional Development+ Webinars
- The team at MobileMind is offering google-certified support for educators as they navigate online learning with free webinars, guides, and consultation sessions.
- Makey Makey is now offering some Free Classes on instructables. Whether educators are looking to get started, or have been using Makey Makey for years, there is a course for everyone.
- Anyone interested in learning more about online learning is invited to participate in the Virtual Summit Wonder Workshop is hosting from April 6-17.
- Brain Co has assembled a series of FREE informational webinars designed to further learning and professional development. They will be covering topics from Inspiring Girls in STEM to Biotech and Bioengineering + STEM
For more information on these opportunities, reach out to your DSC Account Manager or Preferred Reseller today.
The Douglas Stewart Company, a leading education distributor specializing in technology, education software, and supplies, links more than 350 manufacturers with over 4,500 academic resellers in the United States and Canada. The Douglas Stewart Company’s exceptional knowledge of the education marketplace and a holistic array of solutions and services add value to its business by focusing on innovation and the mutual success of its partners.